Re: x-session-manager alternative

> >     > What is a poor sysadmin to do if he wants wmaker to be the
> >     > default window manager, and yet also wants to have kde
> >     > (well, konquorer really, but it's all more or less one
> >     > package) to be installed?
> >
> > That's a bug in KDE's packaging, IMHO. Konqueror shouldn't depend
> > on the KDE session manager, though in fact it does.

your on crack.  or someone is on crack and it isn't me.

First off, konqueror only depends on that which it needs to function...
it does not depend on kdm or kdebase (which contains the session manager)

It DOES *suggest* kdebase however.  It does in fact NOT depend on the
KDE session manager.  Neither does konsole or any other KDE app that doesn't
need it...

Let me also point out there is a big difference between kdebase and kdebase-libs...most apps do depend on kdebase-libs...but kdebase-libs does not contain any
session managemnet...it only contains common libraries and code.  This is
where all the modules are for things like ssl supprt...kdebase is where
the wm and sm is...kdebase is where kicker and kdesktop are...

Stuff in kdebase-libs really (IMO) should be a part of kdelibs...but aren't.

Ivan
--
Ivan E. Moore II