Re: goals for woody ? (Re: Release Date of Woody?)

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> * Bas Zoetekouw <bas@A-Es2.uu.nl> [20001219 16:12]:
> > We should first decide whether we want all woody packages to conform
> > to standards-version 3.1.x or not.
>
> While I think packages with standards-version < 3 should not be
> included in the release, I know that there is probably no consensus.
> However, what I think we should do is at least exclude those packages
> which are officially orphaned according to the WNPP.

These are the most easy to handle packages: I did update the standards
version of many of these packages. I can't see a reason why these packages
should be removed - in most cases it's not very hard to upgrade the
standards version and I don't like the idea to remove packages because
there might still be users that use a package (and removing let's say
40 packages of 800 doesn't bring much).

cu,
Adrian

                -- Mahatma Ghandi