Re: [OT] Why there is no release schedule [Was: Release Date of Woody?]

Hi

ferret@phonewave.net schrieb:
> * Testing: This is a little bit below the level of release-critical
[...]

> Now, the transition to package pools, though it's actually breaking
> 'woody' in the short term because of the change in name mapping, is
> supposed to help the second two issues be resolved more quickly by
> spreading the testing phase of the release cycle over a proportionately
> longer period.

Package pools don't have much infulence on release cycles,
though the "release" of testing will most probably increase the
number of people using (and testing) it significantly, and thus
help shorten freezes.

Allmost everybody I know running Debian at home is upgrading to
testing right now.

Probably "testing" will become the linux distribution of choice
for many, since bugs are almost immediately fixed (it is
released daily ...) and it is very up to date, but still quite
stable.  Oh, and it's Debian ... ;)

ciao, 2ri