Re: Latest Mandrake

>>"Eray" == Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr> writes:

 Eray> They use that drakconfig thing (which looks like a linuxconfig
 Eray> frontend.. correct me if I'm wrong) that works surprisingly
 Eray> well.

	Can you use command line editors to modify configurations and
 still use the slicing, dicing front end? the ability to use ae in
 rescue mode has come in handy at times.

 Eray> Internationalization stuff works all right everywhere, in
 Eray> gnome or on console flawlessly. I was going to say "Why don't
 Eray> you use Debian?" but for a long moment I thought "All right, we
 Eray> suck". What do you think?

	What do I think? I think there is very little substance in
 this critique. I think that the last time I installed mandrake, it
 installed a web server and an ftp server without asking me any config
 questions, and I had no id4ea what the security of the system was --
 and that was the scriest isntall I have ever done. (How _does_ one
 harden a mandrake system?)

	I do think we4 need to look at the laterst install methods of
 the distributions out there, and see if we can pick their brains. And
 all the people who cavil should probably be helping with the
 micro-debs ;-)

	manoj
--
 The two oldest professions in the world have been ruined by
 amateurs. G.B. Shaw