Re: RFC: provides: java-servlet-engine

>>> Thom May <thom@planetarytramp.net> 16-Dec-00 3:28:18 PM >>>

>So, in the control file i'd like to be able to specify "requires:
>java-servlet-engine" and let apt get on with it, rather than
>saying "requires: apache-jserv|tomcat" etc.

There are now quite a few servlet dependant tools out there. I would
like to see this done as well, for 2 reasons:

1. I'm the architect of the GNU-Paperclips servlet container which I
would like to get into Debian for the next release

2. I'm involved in several projects that will utilise servlet
containers and I'd like those to be Debianized too.

Nic Ferrier