Re: wnpp: ITP: msttcorefonts -- installer package for MS TrueType core fonts for Web

sharkey@ale.physics.sunysb.edu writes:

[...]

> The package is based loosely on the xanim-modules installer, which
> automatically fetches files from the web, processes the files, and installs
> them in the proper place.  One complication is that these "cross-platform"
> compatibility fonts are only available as i386 Windows self-installing
> (worse than just self-extracting) .exe files or as Macintosh .sit.hqx files.
>
> This installer will ignore the .exe files, and process the .sit.hqx files
> instead.  Unfortunately, one of the fonts is not available for Mac, and
> two of the fonts are compressed in version 5.5 of Aladdin Stuffit Expander,
> which can't yet be decompressed by macunpack.  This means that the installer
> will only install 8 out of 11 fonts, but that's better than nothing.

The last time I downloaded fonts from the Microsoft site they were
expandable using unzip:

~/Downloads$ file mtcom.exe
mtcom.exe: MS-DOS executable (EXE), PKLITE compressed
~/Downloads$ unzip mtcom.exe
Archive:  mtcom.exe
  inflating: MONOTYPE.TTF
  inflating: README.TXT