Re: Latest Mandrake

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 01:48:56PM +0200, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
> > going to say "Why don't you use Debian?" but for a long moment I
> > thought "All right, we suck". What do you think?
>
> My Debian systems still work fine and behave with the quality
> I can expect from Debian. In particular I have one system running
> potato which was originally installed with buzz (Debian 1.1)
> and still works fine.

I'm not addressing quality. Packages have high quality. I run
a Beowulf system on woody, and installed debian on a lot of
devel workstations and a cvs server... very glad with that.

> What was your point again?

My point is that Debian seems to lack every good usability feature
I saw in that Mandrake beta. Does it ring a bell this time?

Thanks,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr