ITP: OpenAL

Package: libopenal
Version: CVS devel-1-0 branch
License: Lesser GPL

OpenAL, the Open Audio Library, is a joint effort to create an open,
vendor-neutral, cross-platform API for interactive, primarily
spatialized audio. OpenAL's primary audience are application developers
and desktop users that rely on portable standards like OpenGL, for games
and other multimedia applications. OpenAL is already supported by a
number of hardware vendors and developers.

I've gotten the okay from Joseph Valenzuela at Loki Games to package
this right out of CVS as long as I release frequently for the forseeable
future. Although OpenAL hasn't yet had any official "releases" other
than weekly CVS snapshots, it has been used in a number of finished
games.

--
Dan Helfman
UCLA Linux Users Group: http://www.linux.ucla.edu