Re: <bigwig>

"Eray Ozkural (exa)" <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr> writes:

> > We've written a Free Software web programming environment in Common
> > Lisp which is comparable to some of the more featureful commercial
> > "application servers" like WebObjects.  We did all the development on
> > Debian BTW, using Peter Van Eynde's awesome .debs for CMUCL.  It also
> > comes with an SQL package comparable to Apple/NeXT's EOF and based on
> > accepted standards in the Common Lisp community.  We make both
> > packages available as .debs, although they are slightly out of sync
> > with the CVS archive (which is also available to other developers).
>
> This sounds really great, because some Apple developers showed me
> their latest incarnation of WebObjects on the MacOSX beta last year and
> I was truly impressed. Any chance that's a CLOS package?

It does indeed use CLOS.  UncommonSQL makes use of the meta-object
protocol to make any CLOS object persistent as well.

> Looks like it's already in Debian. Great work! I presume uncommonsql
> and uncommonxml are coming, too.

That is our long term goal, but we're planning on staying with the
current mechanism of distributing them from a seperate archive for the
near-term, since they are still under development and the .debs are
not quite ready for Debian distribution because of various technial
problems we have to solve first.

--
Craig Brozefsky                             <craig@red-bean.com>
In the rich man's house there is nowhere to spit but in his face