Re: Why is "pose" in contrib? (was firmware flamewar)

    Vince> Quoting Hamish:
    >> is in contrib. Pose (Palm OS emulator) is in contrib. simh

    Vince> The palm pilot has a fairly advanced motorola CPU onboard.
    Vince> Some (university?) people have ported the Linux kernel to
    Vince> it...  Although I can't speak for the porters, I assume
    Vince> they are aiming at embedded projects.

I saw this about a year ago (?) and thought I'd try it out... Never
really succeeded. I didn't try that very hard, since my PalmV was pretty
new at the time, and I didn't want to totally mess it up :)

Just for the record, how exactly DO you get the kernel into the Palm??!?!
And are there any software working? Using the touch screen?

I just ordered a Ericsson R380s (phone and PDA in one), which seem to have
most of the stuff I need. So I thought I'd start playing with linux on
the Palm now...
--
cracking NORAD Waco, Texas iodine security Ortega Peking Albanian
Kennedy Panama supercomputer FSF smuggle jihad Nazi