Re: I'm not quitting that easy. (Was: Re: I would like to vote also.)

> >  There isn't a string relationship betwen identification and Debian trust.
> > If someone's key is signed, that doesn't mean that the signer certifies a
> > person as a good and kosher developer. In the other hand, my key is in the
> > keyring and it isn't signed by anyone...
> >
> >  Not everybody lives a couple of hours away from other developers...
>
> Ahh, but Karl does - and Karl has a history of asking (in public) for
> people to sign his key without proof of identity.  He's tried very hard in
> fact.  This rates him as completely untrusted IMO because he has willingly
> and repeatedly tried to compromise our web of trust despite explanations
> of just how wrong what he's trying to do is.

 What surprises me is the energy this guy is putting into this. He doesn't
need to have his key signed to be a part of the project, yet he cries
desperatelly for signatures. Being this a complicated world, with so many
real problems.. where's the need to artificially create one more?

> Further, he has resigned.  Twice that I've seen.  If his resignation
> hasn't been officially accepted, I'd question why nothing has been done
> about the obvious attack on the project's security.

 Bah.. if he really doesn't want to resign, the resignation should
considered withdrawn... there's not need to be nasty. Bruce Perens did
something like that and continued in the project.. right? =)