Re: argh - no perl...

Paul Slootman wrote:

> On Thu 07 Dec 2000, Ulf Jaenicke-Roessler wrote:
> >  Have to find (local) overhead (if any)...
>
> If you have a separate /usr, /var and /tmp (and /home or put home
> directories elsewhere), then 32MB is more than enough for / (with
> room for a couple of spare kernels).

 Thanks, that's exactly what my experience tells me (although
 32MB is the absolute minimum).

 And I found the reason of this trouble: a >26MB core file in /.
 This was due to an (unfortunately) unreproducible segfault of dpkg
 (which I forgot to mention in my original mail, and which occurred
 before the root partition ran out of space).

 Greetings,
  Ulf