Re: object-oriented C programming

David Greene <greened@eecs.umich.edu> wrote:
> That's exactly what C++ is designed for!  The zero-overhead rule makes
> sure this isn't a problem.  Believe me, C++ is not, not, not slow,
> and memory is not an issue.  In fact, C++ and the standard libraries
> sometimes run _faster_ than C (compare qsort and std::sort).  Even Java
> does pretty well these days with HotSpot and its ilk.

C++ is useless if your target platform has no C++ compiler available, or
only broken C++ compilers. Samba and Apache are examples of software that
can't be written in C++ and still support all of the platforms they support
right now.
--
Sam Couter          |   Internet Engineer   |   http://www.topic.com.au/
sam@topic.com.au    |   tSA Consulting      |