Re: OpenMotif in Woody

[ Sam TH writes ]
> On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 06:40:59PM +0200, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> > Why do you think the clause "only free OS's" is not DFSG compliant?
> > There are many free OS's, not only Debian.
>
> It doesn't violate clause 8.  It violates clause 1.  You can't
> distribute OpenMotif on, for or with Solaris, say.  Clear violation.

I'd like to point out that various linux kernel drivers also violate clause
1 in that sense.
They say they can only be used on "free OS's".
eg: the tulip network driver.

I think this sucks, and if there was any way to move those things out into
"non-free", without totally breaking things, I'd be for it :-)