ITP: gs-aladdin-cjk | gs-cjk-resources

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist

I am currently working on packaging the product of gs-cjk Project.
Newer ghostscript can make use of TrueType fonts, but CJK TrueType
fonts are not supported. gs-cjk provides a patch that makes it
possible for gs to handle CJK TrueType fonts, some resource files,
and some scripts that generate the resource files.

The author said the patch is under the BSD license, but license notification
is not given to that patch. The author of course has intention to add the
notification.

The scripts are also under the BSD license.

gs-cjk is really under development now, but can be used without any problem.
The finished product of gs-cjk Project will be merged into the upstream
unless the upstream author rejects it.

I hope Torsten accepts to merge the patch to gs-aladdin and some changes
needed for gs-cjk-resources.

Regards,

--
Yasuhiro TAKE <take@debian.org> / Debian Project

	"I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all."