Re: why new apache-common depends on libmysqlclient6?

On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 11:48:50PM +0100 , Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I was upgrading today and found that to upgrade my apache I was asked to
> install libmysqlclient6 and mysql-common, why is this?, I mean
>
> do I really need that for apache to work?

no. mod_auth_mysql. And be glad, that apache-common doesn't have ALL depends,
it should have. Yes. it's a bug, but don't tell me, bug netgod.

> What about the people who has chosen postgress for their DB server?

mod_auth_pgsql it there also

> I'm sure there must be a reason for this depends, but I just cannot imagine
> it!

it was there all the time, but staticly linked. And it was breaking php?-mysql
really badly. Now is only the LFS support breaking php. Cool

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz