Re: long term goals of debian membership

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Daniel Stone wrote:

<schnip>
> Now let's turn this back around straight at you using that argument I just
> said. What if you don't care about the app, but you adopted it because some
> tightarse changed the rules so you _had to_. L^HUser bug reports come
> flooding in. You don't give a shit; you haven't used the app in 4 years, and
> when you did (for .5 seconds) it seemed to work OK ...
> *LART LART LART*

This is what happened with the EtherExpress 16 driver in the kernel a
couple/half-dozen years ago.  A RH devel was forced into it, and I curse
him every time it spews to stdout "Eth0: TX recieved but no
interrupt".  Basically Becker had an elegant solution for this, but the RH
guy backed the solution out because the EtherExpress wasn't an NE2K so the
users deserved the error in his opinion for not getting an NE2K.  May that
son of a bitch rot in hell with his only sensory perception routed through
DECnet and a PDP-11.

<schnip>

--
Pardon me, but you have obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a
damn.