Re: ITP: freenet -- a peer-to-peer networking daemon with anonymity

    Me> Note: Freenet requires a JDK 1.1-level Java virtual
    Me> machine. The Debian kaffe package doesn't work, since it
    Me> doesn't support big numbers.

    SB> This is true for potato but the CVS upstream kaffe has fixed
    SB> this problem at least several months ago and I believe it is
    SB> in the woody package (I use Freenet with kaffe).

Well, as far as I know, neither your bug report...

nor mine...

have been addressed. There are a couple more in there. Mine is for
version 1.06, the current woody package.

Kaffe itself supports BigInteger, but it's a configure-time option,
and apparently the configuration detection doesn't work so well with
libgmp3. So you can use Freenet with a home-built Kaffe, but not with
the Debian package. The changelog for the kaffe package specifies that
gmp dependency was -removed- recently.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou