Re: object-oriented C programming

On 5 Dec 2000, Roland Mas wrote:

> > IMHO that is poor code design that did not take reuse into
> > consideration.
>
> I do not agree.  Say I reuse code from project A with GC 1 and project
> B with GC 2 into project C.  Then project C will need GC 1 and GC 2.

Please read my statement above.  You ought to be able to design your code
to allow various garbage collectors to be plugged-in easily.  Look to the
Standard C++ Library for one (maybe not the best) way to do it.

If code was written to work with only one type of collector, than that
is not reuseable code and will have to be altered.

                                      -Dave

--

"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
 and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson