Re: task & skills

On Sunday 03 December 2000 20:33, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 03, 2000 at 08:25:45PM +0100, Mariusz Przygodzki wrote:
> > In my opinion *every* applicant before he/she become a maintaner should
> > have at least *one* sponsored package in the distribution (adopted or
> > new).
>
> maintainer != packager

I never wrote about packagers. I think "a packaging" in case of Debian
distribution means much more than rpm works.

> > If some applicants want to join Debian for doing other job
> > than packaging then it doesn't matter if they have accounts
> > or haven't (at least until they try to upload something some
> > day).
>
> When someone decides he/she needs that account, than it's that
> 'some day' already.

And then it will be a good day to start NM process.

Pozdrawiam,
Mariusz

--
Mariusz Przygodzki        |  Good judgement comes from experience.
dune@home.pl              |  Experience comes from bad judgement.