Re: Proposal for a new package relationship option

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 07:18:16PM -0800, ferret@phonewave.net wrote:
> >
> > Hmmmm. After thinking about it for a while..
> > A 'discourages' relationship would be best used for one package to say
> > "Having this other package isn't the best idea" to the package manager.
>
> It's not the package managers job. End of my opinion.

But I can see the need to take into consideration the package manager's
voluntary input as to what configurations would be a bad idea.  I can also
see the point in giving the package mamager a conduit for said input.

--
CCI Power 6/40: one board, a megabyte of cache, and an attitude...

John Galt (galt@inconnu.isu.edu)