Re: Debian New Maintainer Status on nm.debian.org

On Friday 01 December 2000 14:59, Michael Piefel wrote:
> Please help with my math, since I'm at a loss. On the Debian New Maintainer
> Status web page which one can find at nm.debian.org, there's a table with
> statistics. On 16 November one particular row read:
>
>                            Count       Average Days     Maximum Days
> Awaiting DAM Approval       26              51              185
>
> Now, on 1 December, it's:
>
> Awaiting DAM Approval       41              35              166
>
> Wow! The maximum number of days went down! Is that some kind of creative
> bookkeeping?

The most funny is the average days went down also and the count was growing
at the same time!
We have a good (and wise) joke about statistics in Poland. It says there're
three kinds of lies (follows in an ascending order): small lies, big lies and
statistics.

> PS: I'm watching that page eagerly because I'm awating approval. I have bad
> luck again, as it's now 45 days for me. But since I'm waiting for one and a
> half years now, a couple of months doesn't make much difference.

It may only mean the DAM approval process so far from a democratic process,
at least until rules of this process will be documented and known in public.

Mariusz

--
Mariusz Przygodzki        |  Good judgement comes from experience.
dune@home.pl              |  Experience comes from bad judgement.