Re: ITP: fcron

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Joey Hess wrote:
> Henrique M Holschuh wrote:
> > Package: fcron
>
> How is it really different than anacron?

fcron handles crontabs just like cron, but also includes parallel and
serialized queues, queues based on load average, anacron-like "run at most n
times in a given period" scheduling, frequency-based scheduling (run every n
minutes of uptime) and a few other niceties.

Unlike anacron, it allows normal users to have their own crontabs (just like
cron).

So, it's more like an enhanced cron that handles the type of stuff anacron
handles as well. I am still unsure if the final package will try to replace
cron, replace just anacron, or work side-by-side with the other two. I'm
talking to the cron and anacron maintainers to solve a few technical issues
first.

  Henrique Holschuh