RE: kernel depends?

> libncurses-dev is not required to build a kernel: make config works just
> fine.  Having said this, I have often wondered if there mighn't be a use
> for task-kernel-builder.  Depends on kernel-package, ncurses-dev, tcl/tk,
> gcc, glibc-dev,  etc.

whoever still use make config ... are machoists :)

technically, yes, they aren't 100% required, but who doesn't use menuconfig?

-m

When you are having a bad day, and it seems like everybody is trying to piss
you off, remember that it takes 42 muscles to produce a frown, but only 4
muscles to work the trigger of a good sniper rifle.