Re: xemacs21-gtk conflict xemacs21 vanila ?

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 06:45:49PM +0800, zhaoway wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm still apt-get source'ing...
> But mind I ask why xeamcs21-gtk conflicts with xemacs21 vanila?
> Thanks,

I'll try to make a long story short.

The two main reasons is stability and lack of time.

The most obvious reason is that xemacs-gtk is an ordinary xemacs with just
some extra gtk features. The directories are not hardcoded but quite close
to that and I have not the time (read a weak or so) to try to move them
all and test it before upload.

In the future xemacs-gtk will probably merge with the rest of xemacs and
then it should be far easier to just make some extra binary packges.

So for now they will conflict each other.

One more thing people should be aware of, but it does not make any big
difference is that the ...-nomule is not a real nomule binary because
that just segfaults. But until that is fixed (upstream) the nomule
package is compile with moule-support just to have that working.

Is that an answer on that you asked ?

// Ola

/  opal@debian.org                     Björnkärrsgatan 5 A.11   \
|  opal@lysator.liu.se                 584 36 LINKÖPING         |
|  +46 (0)13-17 69 83                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |