problem with rblsmtpd and start-stop-daemon

Hi I recently installed rblsmtpd using the debian source package. I
modified my /etc/init.d/qmail script to use rblsmtpd. I am having a
problem where if someone connects to the smtp port I get the following
error:

Nov 27 17:18:03 spoke ippl: smtp connection attempt from dev.serve.com
[207.8.152.167]
Nov 27 17:18:04 spoke qmail: 975305884.684175 tcpserver: warning: dropping
connection, unable to run /usr/sbin/rblsmptd: file does not exist

If I run the startup command without start-stop-daemon it works fine. It
is only with the wrapper that I have this porblem. The startup command is
as follows:

ulimit -v 4096
sh -c "start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --user qmaild \
    --exec /usr/bin/tcpserver -- \
    -u `id -u qmaild` -g `id -g nobody` -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb 0 smtp \
    /usr/sbin/rblsmptd /usr/sbin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1 | $logger &"

where $logger is previously defined as "splogger qmail"

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here, or is it a bug in
start-stop-daemon?

Thanks for any help,

Iain.