Re: sawfish 0.33.1 broken?

On Sun, 26 Nov 2000 12:04:39 Colin Watson wrote:
> safemode <safemode@voicenet.com> wrote:
> >This is probably a known problem, but i did not see it in my browsing of
> >the mailing list archives.   It seems sawfish 0.33.1 does not load
> >debian-menu ...this is using the non-gnome (plain) sawfish package as
> well
> >as compiling rep/gtk-rep/sawfish by hand ..  and then trying the cvs .
> >all of them wont load the debian-menu.  Can anyone point me in the right
> >direction?  it worked with 0.30.x  ?
>
> Your questions are probably answered in
> /usr/share/doc/sawfish/README.Debian, if you're still using the Debian
> package.

Actually all that file says is something about an emacs sawfish file used
to edit sawfish code.  It has nothing about why sawfish no longer wants to
read debia-menu. Furthermore, i believe this is a rep problem, something
has changed in rep that is making the debian-menu incomptable.  It only
works when you are using gnome, and even then, you need to use the gnome
menu editor to recreate your menu because the debian-menu is still not
shown as it is.   I dont know why the thing works when you install all that
gnome CRAP but after using the menu editor and basically re-writing the
entire menu and deleteing all the stuff it added on it's own, i finally
have a working useable menu.  Something is messed up here.