Re: What "Personal Security Manager"?

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 06:48:06PM -0500, Christopher Curtis wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Dale Scheetz wrote:
>
> > When I try to log into some sites with Mozilla, I get this pop up dialog
> > box telling me to "find my personal security manager".
> >
> > At this point, I have no idea what it wants. I thought at one time that it
> > wanted to know where ssh was, but that doesn't seem to be right.
> >
> > Does anyone know just what personal security manager I need to make this
> > work?
>
> I've read most of this thread and never saw a useful reply from anyone, so
> if you haven't figured this out yet ...
>
> Debug->Install PSM
>
> Christopher

Thank you for saying my replies, which were already in the FAQ were not
useful. Doing this will NOT work on the debian setup due to upstream problems
in the PSM binary.
It tries to register itself as a component on every run, registering components
requires access to the binary directory, therefor this "simple" fix doesn't
work, and the PSM shim aka jedi mind trick is supplied. Please do more
research before trying to fix problems that look simple with mozilla.

--
Frank aka Myth
maintainer of mozilla