RFP: xine

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist

Request for Packager (RFP) of xine. I've not seen this ITP'd on
-devel, my apologies if it has and I missed it.

>From the Website, <URL: http://xine.sourceforge.net/>

<quote>
xine is a free gpl-licensed video player for unix-like systems. We can
now play back mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 video streams (eventually mpeg-4 might
be added). We support direct DVD playback as well as VCD playback.

xine plays mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 video streams while synchronizing the
playback of video and audio. Depending on the properties of the mpeg
stream, playback will need more or less processing power. A PII at
400MHz has been able to play back test mpeg-2 streams at a framerate
of 100%.
</quote>

Thanks,
Anand

--
Linux.Conf.Au			--		http://linux.conf.au/
17th - 20th January, 		--		Alan Cox, David Miller,