Re: Gnome has broken sound for 2.4 kernel, but KDE is OK.

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 09:21:34AM -0600, Thomas E. Vaughan wrote:

> I have several machines with Debian, and I have been experimenting with
> esound.  I am unable to get anything (like xmms, freeamp, realplayer) that
> plays long streams of audio to work properly with esound and the 2.4
> kernel.  Perhaps it's my hardware, but two of my machines have es1371 and a
> third has SB16PnP, and they all sound horrible except for short samples,
> like window manager sounds.
<AOL>Me too</AOL>
  I've tried to do a little tweaking of esound, but havn't been able to sort
it out.  I've just given up and set xmms to use the OSS plugin instead of
ESD, until it gets fixed.
  2.4.0-test*, SB16 value ISA, Asus K7M, Athlon 600, Debian esound package.
  It happens with both ALSA and the kernel sb driver. Though it seems worse
with the kernel driver.
  Hmm, ALSA used to give me over/underrun statistics in /proc, but now it
doesn't seem to be there, so I guess I can't check that.

  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org
--
Personally, I'd like to see more porn on the Internet
                           -- President_Clinton in CNN chat