Re: women in debian

S. J. Black, in an immanent manifestation of deity, wrote:
>The guys who want to see more of a balance between the genders in
>debian/ tech in general might want to let their sisters, girlfriends,
>moms, female acquaintances know that they *can* learn to do tech stuff,
>that their company in such pursuits is welcome. Encourage confidence in
>ability.

I do.  Unfortunately, it doesn't always work.  My partner uses MH for
mail and vi for an editor.  And she doesn't think she's a geek.  She
makes comments on just being a geek postulant.  Pfeh...

Torin
--
<torin@daft.com><http://www.daft.com/~torin/> <torin@debian.org><perl@slut.org>
Darren Stalder/2608 Second Ave, @282/Seattle, WA 98121-1212/USA/+1-206-ELF-LIPZ