Re: women in debian

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 04:18:47PM -0800, David Brown wrote:
> This actually sounds to me like a fairly good description of the
> distinction between a hacker and a non-hacker.  Most male programmers I
> know don't fit this description either.

Precisely.

> The hacker is
> the one who is willing to spend hours working on something, just because
> they know that it can be done better.

Yea, and not only in software field. Look carefully and you'll spot a few
hackers in every area of endevour. That's the spirit with 2600, right? ;)

The thing is it's very hard to use hacking skills to impress the opposite
sex. A visualization app I wrote impressed a girl, but no female seems
to be interested in the Beowulf cluster I built at the department. *<:)

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr