Re: Anarchism package

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 12:18:02AM +0200, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
[snip]
> [*]  And of course, as the author of the excellent DWN I'd expect that he
> reads as much as possible without being biased on who writes the articles
> and reports the content.
> [+] I personally don't think "vi" is popular at all but we still have it ;)
> [!] It is also an answer to some other posts on the same thread.
[snip]

Not to start a flame war (as I'm sure that wasn't your intention),
but I happen to know more people who use "vi" than "emacs".  So I
would have to dissagree with that.

On with the origional subject though:
  1. Why don't we drop all religious/opinion/fiction stuff and...
  2. Put all that junk in a library.debian.org ftp site.

This would take them out of the allready huge list of packages in
a normal debian install, but still make them available to anyone
who chooses to add that site to their apt config.  And we can later
put in the entire contents of the library at Alexandria with nobody
complaining that it has nothing to do with Debian or computers in
general.  And it won't bother those mirroring the debian data part,
as it'd be on an entirely different ftp server (like non-us, etc).

I personally think the Bible, the complete works of Shakespeare,
the poems of Edgar Alan Poe, etc, etc... is generally usefull,
though not to a normal Debian server.