Re: changing flavor of the linux world? was: craig sanders

Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> writes:

> Craig and I disagree about quite a few things.  He doesn't flame me because I
> don't do the following:
> 1)  Ask questions that could have been easily answered from the man pages.
> 2)  Claim to know things that I don't (if someone demonstrates that they know
> a topic better than I and they have cause to believe that I am wrong then I
> will usually believe them).
> 3)  Argue about things that I haven't seen with someone who has seen them.

In the case in question, ironically, Craig posted to debian-vote on
the basis of incomplete understanding of a subject.  He was gently
corrected, and he struck back.  My entry was to point out that he had
himself noted that he had not read the thread in question, that there
were many weeks of email he himself didn't know about, which he was
ignoring, and that he, in fact, didn't understand the issue he was
posting about.

In other words, he violated both (2) and (3).  I pointed this out
(in strong but not abusive terms) and he replied with an inhuman
response.