debconf 0.5 major changes

I have just uploaded debconf 0.5. It has some rather large changes that
anyone who has been using debconf in their packages should be aware of.

First and most importantly, it is much easier and cleaner now to make
config scripts that support backing up to previous stages. You don't
have to play with the isdefault flag anymore (in fact it is
deprecated) when the user backs up; debconf now makes sure that
questions are redisplayed as necessary.

There are some other minor changes related to backing up as well; the
end result is that it's really simple and clean to make just about any
config script support it now.

If you make a config script that uses these new features, you need to
add a dependancy on debconf (>= 0.5), since it will behave pretty
strangely under earlier versions of debconf if the user tries to back
up.

I have potentially broken backwards compatability in one off-the-wall
case: If you have a config script that asks debconf to display a
question twice (w/o forcing it), and was previously relying on it only
showing it the first time, you will now find it displays the question
both times. I doubt this will bite anyone; if it does just let me know
and I will add the appropriate versioned conflicts.

See the changelog for details...

--
see shy jo