xlib6g vs dselect

Hi,

 I upgraded to XFree86 4 via apt-get. Worked without too much
 problems. I had to tweak XF86Config-4 a bit:
 1) Dexter did not set /dev/gpmdata for my mouse correctly.
 2) There was not 1280x1024 mode at all. I had to copy a couple
    of lines from the old XF86Config...
 3) IIRC, the keyboard setup missed some lines two. Especially,
    it used an us keyboard instead of a german one.
 4) DRI is supposed to work only with 16 or 32 bit color depth.
    Since 32 bit does not work at all, maybe 16 should be default?
    (or selectable within Dexter?)
    This does not mean I already have DRI running with 16 bit... ;-)

 Ok, the most notably problem arised when I wanted to use dselect.
 Somehow, it wants to remove xlib6g together with all other X apps.
 I cannot figure out what's wrong. There seems to be no Conflicts
 or such. apt-get check is quite happy, too.

 Any hints on that?

 Thanks,
  Ulf