Re: GNU/Linux taxed in Poland ?! (fwd)

On Monday 13 November 2000 23:16, Craig Sanders wrote:
> you will have a receipt for a software CD called Debian GNU/Linux.
> that's what it cost you to buy it, including the cost of materials and
> the cost of the license.
I don't think it includes a cost of license. In few mails before I have
clarified it why.

> importantly, it also establishes that MS software is not an appropriate
> reference for price.  MS Windows etc cost hundreds of dollars.  A Debian
> CD costs $2.
So I don't like M$ shareware. It's to expensive.

> btw, another possible line of argument is that free software is not
> a personal gift, it is a gift to the public of the world - anyone,
> anywhere is licensed to use it at no cost. it's like a public park, not
> like an individual present.
It's a good argument for Linux users but I am not sure if it's enough for
Polish tax offices. These guys do not have such sense of humour if they talks
about money.

> craig
>
> --
> craig sanders

Mariusz

--
Mariusz Przygodzki        |  Good judgement comes from experience.
dune@home.pl              |  Experience comes from bad judgement.