RE: Craig Sanders

> Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> writes:
>
> > From my observation Craig's email is direct and to the point.
> > He doesn't mess around and he doesn't mind telling people
> > what he thinks of them.  His opinions are strong, but I think
> > that they are generally accurate.
>
> Does that mean that you believe I am a wanker?  That I have nothing of
> value to contribute to Debian?  Do you think I'm an asshole?  Do you
> think I am making Debian an unpleasant place?  Do you think what I
> write is fuckwitted bullshit?

wanker? no idea.

nothing of value to contribute? i'm sure you can contribute to debian, as
long as you keep away from your public postings like these, and stop wasting
your time with whining emails which doesn't concern us in any way, shape or
form.

> Do you really want to stand behind Craig's language?
>
> > PS  I don't have any great recollection of seeing email from
> > you on this list.  Do you post to any threads other than the
> > flame threads? I generally delete any thread on this list that
> > has more than 30 messages in a day because it's mostly trash.
>
> Yes, I do.  But a disagreement is not necessary a flame: it's a
> disagreement.  A flame is when people resort to name-calling, to
> violent insults, and the like.

or how about this: out of the blue, someone writes a mail to a public list
about a private mail, whining about language etc etc.

to put it quite bluntly, i'll assume 99.99% of the people on debian-devel
doesn't give a flying fuck what you and craig do in your spare time, or what
you say to eachother **privately**. he at least kept it private until *you*
whined about it on the list. craig has a harsh language, yes, but that mail
of yours was utterly unprofessional. as of right now, craig has more
credibility than you do, in my eyes.

> > PPS  In these flame wars I often just presume that Craig is
> > right without reading the messages in detail, he usually is.
>
> Really?  You think that when he insults people's intelligence,
> commitment, integrity, or honesty, he's usually right?

as i said earlier, yes. he has a harsh language, but at least he doesn't act
like a kid that had his candy taken away from him. and i do agree with his
assertion that you whine. i won't go as far as call you a loser, but a few
of your postings DO have the "me too!" feel to them (mostly because you
repeat whatever everyone else has already said a few hours earlier... i'll
assume you don't read all your email before you start responding to it.).

please. next time you feel like writing a mail like that, shut the fuck up
for a minute, and think things through. you might be surprised what makes
you go "holy FUCK, i was going to write *that*?".

-m

When you are having a bad day, and it seems like everybody is trying to piss
you off, remember that it takes 42 muscles to produce a frown, but only 4
muscles to work the trigger of a good sniper rifle.