XF4.01/gnomehack/strange fonts

I upgraded to woody and XF4. Everything is almost OK (well, xf86cfg
makes an illegal instruction, but it doesn't matter).

However, when I start gnomehack, some chars are replaced by a strange
char (dashed rectangle). This is reproducible. I think it comes from the
font server (I also saw this with Mozilla M18, some portions of text
were replaced).

I didn't change any setting for xfs, I have a ATI rage pro graphic card.

strace gnomehack doesn't work.

I don't even know if: I should file a bug, and: to which package
(probably xfs).

--
Jean-Christophe Dubacq