Re: XFree 4 && Neomagic

On 11/8/2000 08:27, Rodrigo Moya at rodrigo@linuxave.net wrote:

>> If you look in your XServer output the neomagic driver auto detects this.
>> If you would just delete the statements it would use the autodetected values.
>>
> I've tried it, and still the same
>
>> I sent you a private email on this, because i thought this list wasn't the
>> place for setting up XF86, but you seem to have ignored it.
>>
> Erik, I didn't ignore it, I've also tried this, 5 minutes after I received
> your mail, but it doesn't work neither. I am very grateful of all the help
> you guys are giving to me, so believe me that everything that's been said,
> I've tried it. But I've got still the same problem, although, as I've said,
> I'm now on 800x600 instead of 640x480

Well, the last thing I would suggest is to add the modelines back. I know
for some monitors, they don't use standard VESA refresh rates and therefore
still need the modelines. I wrote an article about XFree86 4.0 for Maximum
Linux that covered this tidbit.

If I remember correctly, you add the modelines to the Monitor definition.
Check the XFree86 docs to be sure.

Let me know if that works for you.

    __   _                                           Carl B. Constantine
   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __                                 carl@os-s.com