Re: Obsolete data in "http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/being_packaged"

On Sun, 5 Nov 2000, Yotam wrote:

> 	Howdy,

Hi Yotam,

> Ehh, I'm no expert in maintaining, but when a package is in preperation for over
> than 800 days, something tells me that I won't be seeing this package anytime
> soon. Some of the maintainers probably started working on the package and never
> finished... Shouldn't those obsolete and misleading entries be removes?
> Here are some examples:
> * changesys: newsgroup ordering tool, 1086 days in preparation.
> * dexpire: expire INN articles, 854 days in preparation.
> * gradebook: teachers class gradebook program, 684 days in preperation.
> * gnudl: GNU Data Language, 812 days in preparation.
>
> But I think you get the point. Maybe each package in preperation should have
> an expiry date. This problem exists in all of the www wnpp sections.
> Expiriation seems nice...

I'm not a fan of automatic expiry dates. I did write to all the people who
have open ITPs older than half a year some weeks ago and I'll go again
through the list in 1-3 months. There are people who are still working on
an over 2 years old ITP and I'm doing manually what you suggested.

> 	Roger Roger, Yotam Rubin.

cu,
Adrian

                -- Mahatma Ghandi