XF86 setup util for 4.x and launching gnome

	I just upgraded last night and got 4.0.1 on my machine but I slightly
misconfigured (vertical sinc). I don't feel like learning the new config
file so I was wondering what program was that that I used to configure it
from dselect.
	My second annoyance is that I can not launch gnome by "startx
gnome-session" anymore. The error I receive is along the line that xterm
cannot run that. Which is odd because I thaught that xterm would not be
involved in any way.
	Any insight into my problems would be apreciated.
						Thanks,
						Adam S Edgar