Re: first weekly debian-installer status report

On Wed Nov 01, 2000 at 08:11:52PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> 	- busybox integration [Erik Anderson?]
> 		Not started. Busybox needs to build one or more .udebs.
> 		Probably more than one.

I claim this one.  (btw, it is "Andersen" not "Anderson" :-).  When the new
dpkg-dev arrives, I will get an initial set of .udebs uploaded within a day or
by Tuesday -- whichever comes later.  I was going to get this done this
weekend, but this little arm7tdmi uclinux kernel port I'm working on is going
to consume my weekend I'm afraid.  I'm flying into Toronto tomorrow night and
I'll be there till Sunday afternoon...  (Any debian folk in Canada?)

Do know which apps you want compiled in at this point?  Shall I use the same
set as the current boot floppies provides?  Shall I just compile in everyhting
for now?

>        - retreiver control program [UNCLAIMED]
>		Not started. Sort of like apt, except tons dumber, this
>		uses retreiver(s) to download Packages files and then udebs,
>		and calls udpkg to install them.

Hmm.  lemme get the retreiver ready first, then I may take this one on.  Put me
down for a tentative claim.  No point in worrying too much about the walls till
the foundation is set...

> 	- http retreiver [UNCLAMED]
> 		Not started. Download udebs, other files from network.

I claim this one as well.  This will be based on busybox wget.  I presume we
will also need support for other types of retrievers?  ftp?  cdrom?  nfsmount?
mounted filesystem?

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee@debian.org