Re: x-terminal-emulator

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 05:08:32PM -0800, Bradley Bell wrote:
> isn't xterm the 'de facto' standard?  it would seem to me that any options
> xterm understands ought to be supported by x-terminal-emulator.  If
> a certain terminal emulater is not xterm compatible, it would be trivial to
> provide an 'xterm compatibility wrapper', and have x-terminal-emulator point
> to that.

No. xterm has features that don't exist in any other terminal emulator -
Unicode support (-u8), for example. There is no reason for every terminal
emulator to support all the options that xterm supports (try
xterm -h 2>&1 | less and take a look.)

As for -e and -T, I know that Powershell offers x-terminal-emulator and
doesn't accept -T.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http://dvdeug.dhis.org