Re: people.debian.org

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> > The usual common entry points (debian.org and www.debian.org) have been
> > resetup to be redirects to this domain, and in future I encourage the
> > above to be used as the cannonical name.
>
> Euhm, thanks for not announcing that. So will I put the bugscan output now?
> That gets made in my public_html on master..

Er, this is the announcement/pre-announcement :P If you think about what I
said and actually check, you will notice that the only difference
before/after is that some URLs will have a redirect in them now (and
people who put temporary web pages up on master for www.d.o/~foo still
work).  As I said, people have a little while after klecker becomes
available before people is moved to klecker permanently.

If you read it carefuly you will notice that ~ dirs for machine.debian.org
are not going to change. So as long as you use master.debian.org/~wakkerma
nothing will change. If you are using bugs.debian.org you will
(eventually) get bitten, but not soon.

Jason