RE: Can't Upgrade Mozilla

> > Right.  Purge the old debconf, then install debconf.  There
> > is a change in the paths used by Debconf that seems to cause
> > it to flail uncontrollably when trying to upgrade.
>
> No, I'm totally hosed:

[ ... snip ... ]

> % apt-get install debconf
>   Reading Package Lists... Done
>   Building Dependency Tree... Done
>   You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
>   Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>     debconf: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.1.94) but 2.1.3-7 is to be installed
>              Depends: libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 but it is not going to be
>   installed
>   E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
>   specify a solution).

[ ... snip ... ]
> % apt-get -f install
>   Reading Package Lists... Done
> [...]
> Fetched 10.7MB in 13s (788kB/s)
> E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration
>
> RC=100
>
> I purged debconf as suggested a couple of days ago on this list.

Yuck!

You might need to install some of these packages by hand (i.e., download
the sources and manually dpkg -i) until your system is stable.

It looks like you need to at least update your libc6/libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2,
then you can manually install debconf.  Once that's done you should be
working again.

Good luck!

-Brent