RE: Can't Upgrade Mozilla

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Brent Fulgham wrote:

> Right.  Purge the old debconf, then install debconf.  There is a change
> in the paths used by Debconf that seems to cause it to flail uncontrollably
> when trying to upgrade.

No, I'm totally hosed:

% dpkg --force-depends --purge debconf

% apt-get install debconf
  Reading Package Lists... Done
  Building Dependency Tree... Done
  You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
    debconf: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.1.94) but 2.1.3-7 is to be installed
             Depends: libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 but it is not going to be
  installed
  E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
  specify a solution).

% apt-get -f install
  Reading Package Lists... Done
  Building Dependency Tree... Done
  Correcting dependencies... Done
    cpp debconf g++ gcc libc6 libc6-dbg libc6-dev libc6-pic libdb2
    libdb2-util libnss-db libstdc++2.10-dev libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2
  The following packages will be REMOVED:
    locales
    debconf libdb2-util libnss-db libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2
  9 packages upgraded, 4 newly installed, 1 to remove and 407 not
  upgraded.
  Need to get 10.7MB of archives. After unpacking 7154kB will be freed.
  Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
[...]
Fetched 10.7MB in 13s (788kB/s)
E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration

RC=100

I purged debconf as suggested a couple of days ago on this list.

                                     -Dave

--

"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
 and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson