[Re: Helix debian packages]

This is getting out of hand. I am tired of my mailbox getting filled
with this
stuff.
It is simple
Debian != Helix
got it ?
Debian is a linux distro, held together by people like me who give
whatever free
time thry have to make
the_best linux distro available.
Helix is a company that pays coders to improve on code.
How can you compare the two? They have nothing in common.
Please stop this line, I'm sure alot of people feel the same way. It
started as
someone asking when the helix packages will make it into debian. As far
as I'm
concerened "never". Debian already has gnome packages, and Helix makes
gnome
packages in deb format. If you want them, go there and get them. It is
not
Debian's place to "change" in order to make room for Helix gnome
packages. This
is where Helix and Gnome should get together and work somehting out.
I have tried the Helix Gnome packages, and i'm not impressed one bit.
Several of
the programs failed to work and every time I tried the menu editor it
segfaulted. How nice of Helix to release software on the bleeding edge,
I just
wish that they would not have left the bleeding up to me.
B.L. Griffith