Maybe ITP: linuxtips - "Tip of the day"-Message-Viewer.

Hi,

I think, that it would be fine for new linux-users to have some "TIP of the
day"-Message shown each time the users logs into his system, or opens a shell.
I just write a little program, that displays those tips randomly, like
'bible', with a replaced dictionary.

Are there any suggestions on having a thing like that, or would you find it
annoying having such a thing installed? ...as default?

Daniel Migowski

PS: Features will be:
1) Randomly reads entrys from all files in /usr/share/linuxtips/. This would
give other programs the possibility to put specific tips-dbs into that dir.
2) Classification: User can choose that tips for beginners are not shown or
that just beginners tips are shown.