Re: Misclassification of packages; "libs" and "doc" sections

Thomas Hood wrote:

> (Sorry, the last message was a repeat.)
>
> Since we're discussing ontology, it seems to me
> appropriate to give the term 'category' its meaning in
> that branch of philosophy.
>
> Since we're classifying packages, it seems appropriate
> to classify them into "classes" in the set-theoretical
> sense if not the computer-scientific sense of the word.
> But perhaps "Classification:" would be less ambiguous.

It doesn't really matter that much. We use category
and class interchangeably in AI, and we all seem to
get along :) For instance I referred to "automatic
text categorization", but you can call it "automatic
text classification". Even the difference in supervised/
unsupervised learning is blurry. I think you'd be
horrified to see the other terms in use (like "conceptual
clustering")

"Class:" would be better than "Classification:" though.